The only way you can conduct pregnancy test at home is by using your urine. pregnancy test at home work by detecting the presence of hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin [HCD], in woman urine. Human chorionic gonadotropin is also known as pregnancy hormone, because it is only found in a pregnant woman, the production of hormone starts immediately after fertilization
Process for pregnancy test at home
1. Buy a home pregnancy test kits from pharmacy. There are many pregnancy test kits out there but all of them work the same way by detecting the level of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in your urine. Before you buy home pregnancy test check for the expiring date and also ensure that the box is intact with no tear as this may affect the result.
2. When to take the test: Waiting for a week after you missed your period is the best, though you may still get a good result a day after you missed your period.
The best time to do the test is in the morning, when your urine is most concentrated and human chorionic gonadotropin levels are highest. Also read instruction before doing the test.
Procedures on how to do home pregnancy test at home
1. First collect your urine in the morning. You should use a midstream sample that means, you pee small before collecting your urine, in a cup.
2. Use a dropper to collect urine from the cup and place the urine on the test stick, or in alternative you can dip the absorbing end of the test stick into the cup that contains the collected urine for 5 to 10 second or as instructed by the producer.
3. Wait for 1 to 5 minutes or more before checking the results
4. Check the result after you have waited for a number of times, you are asked to wait by the producer. Now is time for you to check if you are pregnant or not. While checking for result follow instruction on the test kit. Some home pregnancy test use, plus or minus sign, color changes or words like, pregnant or not pregnant on digital display. Sometime a line or symbol will appear very faintly on display screen. If this occurs, you should still consider the result positive as this indicates that the test has picked up HCG in your urine. Note that false positives are rare
If the test result is positive, make appointments to see doctor for confirmation test., if it is negative, it is an indication that you are not pregnant, or your test was done too early, in that case you may repeat your test in a week’s time.
Other ways of testing for pregnancy at home
1. By using white tooth paste
2. By use of sugar and
3. By using bleach
Note that these three methods are not reliable.