Before going into how to avoid fibroid, let define it first,Fibroid are noncancerous tumors, found within uterine walls. It often results in a change in the size or shape of uterus as well as several unpleasant symptoms. Fibroid can also come without any symptoms. Let now discuss on how to avoid fibroid.
Ways to avoid fibroid or minimize the risk of getting fibroid
- To avoid fibroid, avoid foods that make it worse, like food that contains high fat or processed food, because they are very bad for women when we talk about fibroid.
- T o avoid fibroid , void refined sugar , because It reduces immune function in the body
- Eat food that heals fibroid like organic food, vegetable or food rich in irons
- Try supplement that aid fibroid reduction, before you do this seek first doctor’s advice.
- Drink herbal tea.
- Do not use birth control pill, most especially when you have not had baby before.
- Ovoid alcohol, or if you must take alcohol let it be moderate.
- Avoid abortion as young girl.
Symptoms of fibroid
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Menstruation may last 7 days or more
- It cause pelvic pressure or pain
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty emptying your bladder
- Pains during intercourse
- Backache or leg pains
- It can cause miscarriage
Types of fibroid
- Subserosal fibroid. This one grows outside the wall of uterus. This type press bladder and may lead to difficulty emptying your bladder
- Penducluated fibroid. This one may grow on small stalks inside or outside the uterus.
- Submucosal Fibroid. This grows just underneath the uterine lining.
Risk factor for fibroid
- It can be hereditary: If your ground mother or your mother has suffered fibroid before, you may likely suffer it too.
- Age: Most people that suffer fibroid are between the age of 30 and above, especially one that did not have their baby on time.
- Race, black tend to have more fibroid than white
- Diet, eating a lot of poor quality beef.
- High blood pressure
- Birth control pill, can cause fibroid because of increase in estrogen levels in the body, despite the absence of pregnancy
- 9 hormones are root of cause of fibroid, because body keeps on the production of estrogen and progesterone that promote the growth of the uterine lining each month in preparation for possible pregnancy.
Note that fibroid goes into shrinking when women go into menopause, coinciding with a declining in women hormone levels.